Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chess Pies

Since I have been rebuked by my son for not posting on my blog for awhile, I decided I had better get back to it. I am posting today something that he really likes. I usually only make these at Christmas, but there is no reason they could not be made any time. They are delicious.

2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
3 Tbsp. milk
Melt butter, add sugar, eggs, vanilla, and nutmeg. Mix until granulated looking. Heat till smooth. Mix in milk. Put nuts and raisins in small pie shells made out in cup cake pans. Spoon mixture over nuts and raisins. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Use just a small amount of nuts and raisins in each shell. Fill shell about 2/3 to 3/4 full of liquid, as it rises as it bakes.

2 comments:

Hillenblog said...

Yep...these are darn good...could be made for any reason... Like Square Root day (yesterday 3-3-09) or Pi Day...coming up on March 14 (3.14)...(kind of appropriate...) or just because...

I always thought these were called Chest Pies...maybe that's why I liked them so well...:-)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back.....I love, love, love your posts!!
Sara