Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cheese Ball

Today I made my traditional cheese ball for Christmas. Then, I realized I had never posted this recipe. It really is a good one. It was tradition for me to fix some cheese ball on a Ritz cracker and give the first bite to my Daddy every year. Christmas can become a really melancholy time when you lose members of the family or you have loved ones far away and unable to be with you at Christmas. I would have to say that it is amazing the grace the Lord can give you under these circumstances and the peace you can find when you lean on HIM.

2--8 oz. pkgs. of cream cheese
2 cups (10 oz.) pkg. of shredded Cracker Barrell Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese
1 Tbsp. chopped pimento
1 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp. chopped green pepper
2 tsp. worchestershire cauce
1 tsp. lemon juice
Dash of pepper and salt
Chill and then roll in ball. Can be rolled in finely chopped pecans. Wrap in foil and store in refrigerator until serving time.

2 comments:

Hillenblog said...

This is the best cheese-ball you will ever eat...and I have not had Christmas until I have has some of this cheese-ball.

Seriously...if you have this cheese ball at your house for any occasion...I'm driving up to get a bite.

Anonymous said...

I agree and I miss it soo much. Next year I will have to make a trip to England maybe...for the cheese of course!