Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Baked Spagetti

This is also a recipe I created myself.

Brown 1 lb. hamburger, 1 chopped onion, and 1 chopped green pepper. Drain off grease. Salt to taste.

Add: 1 (30 oz.) jar spagetti sauce
1 4 oz. can mushrooms (drained)
1 TBSP. sugar
Sprinkle top with Italian seasoning until fairly well covered. Add 2 or 3 drops of Tabasco. Let simmer on low heat for about 30 min. Meanwhile, cook spagetti according to pkg. directions. I usually measure amount to be about the size of a quarter before cooking. When spagetti is cooked, add to sauce and stir well. Then put all into a 7 1/2 " X 12" dish that has been sprayed with Pam. Cover top with a blend of grated mozzerella and cheddar cheese. I usually use about 1 cup of each. Cover with foil and bake for 30 min. in 350 degree oven.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, being a good cook is one thing, but creating your own recipes puts you in a whole new league! Thanks so much for sharing these with us - I can't wait to try them out!

Anonymous said...

I'm Teri Roy's sister and I love cooking, too. Your kids are right. This is a great idea for a blog! Please be sure and include tips on how to pull it all off with grace and elegance. I may be getting older, but I still need all the help I can get. God Bless.

Oh,you might be interested in another older woman whose blog might complement yours nicely. Allow me to introduce you to Nancy Wilson...
http://femina.reformedblogs.com/

Anonymous said...

Way to Go.. I can always use a new recipe . Thanks for being a wonderfu; friend.

L.S.