Friday, June 13, 2008

Sweet and Sour Pork Chops

Thanks to all of you who responded to yesterday's blog. I love doing this blog, but don't need to do it if no one is interested. You have assured me you are still interested.

4 Chops, 1 in. thick
Coat with mixture of:
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Heat in large heavy skillet, enough fat to brown chops on both sides.
Put chops into a casserole dish and pour this mixture over them:
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp. vinegar
2 Tbsp. catsup
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 bay leaf
Cover tightly and bake 325 degrees for 1 hour.
If you like, you can also remove from oven and spread 3/4 cup sour cream on chops and bake another 15 min. I have never used the sour cream, but it sounds delicious. It is excellent even without the sour cream. Serves 4.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I didn't comment the other day but I want you to know that I check in several times a week to see what you've added. I have a whole list of things I want to try! Thank you for this blog I love it!

Sarah (Thompson) Kelley