Saturday, August 16, 2008

Cashew Chicken Casserole

This is another of the recipes from my sister, Rita Clark. If you are new to the blog, Rita was killed by a hit and run driver Nov. 20, 2003. She was a wonderful sister, 4 1/2 years younger than me, and we were best of friends. I miss her terribly. She was a great cook and worked for many years in the Springfield Schools cafeterias. I will say to all of you, that it is true that the Lord does give you grace to deal with the hard times in life, such as the loss of my sister, if you have Him as your personal Savior. Rita was a Christian so I know she is in a far better place than here on Earth.

1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
3 Tbsp. margarine
3/4 cup chicken broth
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
4 cups chopped chicken
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
3 cups cooked rice
1 large can chow mein noodles
1 cup cashews

Saute onion and celery in margarine about 5 min. Add chicken broth, soy sauce and soup. Simmer for 2 min. Add chicken and rice. Place in 9 x 13 pan and bake 10 to 15 min. at 350 degrees until liquid bubbles. Put noodles and nuts on top and return to oven for 2 minutes.

No comments: