Friday, August 1, 2008

Home made Pancake and Waffle Syrup

Tonight I talked to my daughter, who lives in Italy, and she said she was so hungry for pancakes and the one I posted yesterday made her even more hungry. Her problem is that she can not find syrup in Italy. This recipe is for her.

2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup water
Bring to a boil. Turn heat low and let simmer for about 10 minutes to thicken a little.
Add 1 tsp. maple flavoring. If you don't have maple, vanilla would do, or it is even good with no flavoring. You can also add about 1 Tbsp. butter and it will make the flavor richer(something like Mrs. Butterworth's syrup).

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thanks mom. I will give it a whirl. I don't know the word for Maple flavoring, but I did find vanilla powder packets. It won't be like yours but maybe we can try them sometime next summer!!!