Monday, August 10, 2009

Mom's Chicken Dressing

4 cups corn bread
4 cups biscuits
4 cups white bread
Tear bread into bite-size pieces
2 eggs
1/2 cup leaf sage (not ground sage)
1 large onion--chopped
6 cups boiling chicken broth
Bake approx. 1 hour at 300 degrees or 45 minutes at 325.
This is my mother's stuffing recipe that she made every year at Thanksgiving and Christmas. To me it is the best in the world. It does make a lot. She always made her own home made cornbread and biscuits ahead of time and froze them to have for the dressing.

3 comments:

Hillenblog said...

This the the best dressing you will ever have grace the doorstep of your pie hole.

Speaking of...How about that top secret Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe that is my favorite :-)

Becky said...

I concur!!!

BEC

Nance said...

just wandered across this site and am enjoying reading the recipes. I love dressing! or stuffing, as my mother called it. I am going to try this. I wonder if I can halve the recipe?