Friday, July 4, 2008

Fruit Ice Cream

Another recipe from my sister, Rita Clark. I can't tell you the number of times we have had this wonderful ice cream on the 4th of July. Hope you have all had a great day. We live in a wonderful country. It is not perfect, but I would still rather live here than any other place in the world.

Makes 1 gallon
6 eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup white karo syrup
2 tsp. vanilla
1 pint whipping cream
1 pint half and half
1/2 tsp. salt
9 ripe peaches,1 qt. strawberries,or 3 ripe bananas
Beat eggs well; add sugar and beat again. Then add syrup and rest of ingredients, except fruit. Add fruit and finish filling with whole milk if needed to finish filling ice cream container. I usually make fresh peach. I peel the peaches, then blend them for a few seconds. I add about 1/2 cup sugar to the peach pulp before adding to the ice cream. You can also make just plain vanilla, but you will need to increase the half and half to 1 quart. It is delicious, also.

No comments: