Thursday, July 17, 2008

Linda's Chili

Today is the anniversary of the day George and I became engaged 43 years ago. It was an extremely exciting day. We have had a wonderful life together and I thank God for him every day. This chili recipe is one I made up myself and my family seemed to like it very much. Hope you will enjoy it.

2 lbs. hamburger
1 onion, chopped
Salt to taste.
Brown together and then drain fat.
While meat and onion are browning, put all other ingredients into large cooking pan.
4 ( 15 oz. ) cans tomatoes (Put in blender, and just blend for a few seconds maybe 30r4)
1/4 cup sugar
3 cans ( 15 oz. ) mexican style beans
1 can ( 15 oz. ) Van Camp's Pork and Beans (Must be Van Camp's to get the right taste)
12 tsp. chili powder
6 tsp. cumin
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
Add hamburger mixture and simmer on low heat for about 1 hour.

1 comment:

hillenblogshappywife said...

the only chili recipe we ever use! It's just not chili if it's not Linda's chili!