Saturday, July 19, 2008

Perfect Apple Pie

Today has been a fun day. My very sweet grandson, Barrett, came over and we baked this pie. He wanted me to help him make an apple pie for a bake sale for High Octane to raise money for camp. He did a great job and the pie looked really beautiful. We also baked Chocolate Chip Cookies and made Peanut Butter No Bake cookies, also for the bake sale. If you know Barrett, you already know what a wonderful young man he is. If you don't know him, you need to get acquainted with him. He is a joy to his Grandpa and me.

6 or 7 yellow delicious apples (these make the best pie. I've tried others, not the same taste.)
3/4 to 1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
Dash of salt
Peel and core apples. Slice thinly into a large bowl. Cover with other ingredients and stir to coat.
Pastry for 2 crust--9 in. pie. After you put apples in crust, dot with 2 Tbsp. margarine. Cover top crust with beaten egg. I use a pastry brush to do this. Cut small slits in top crust and bake in 400 degree oven for about 50 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma, thanks a million for helping me bake the pie and the cookies. I really appreciate it and I hope I can save some money for camp. Thanks again! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

This is the only kind of apple pie as far as I'm concerned.