Saturday, November 22, 2008

Four-Chip Fudge

This is a wonderful recipe for fudge. It has a most unusual taste and is simply delicious.

1 1/2 tsp. plus 3/4 cup butter (no substitutes ) divided
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 Tbsp. milk
1 --12 oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
1 --11 1/2 oz. pkg. milk chocolate chips
1 --10 oz. pkg. peanut butter chips
1 --6 oz. pkg. butterscotch chips
1 -- 7 oz. jar marshmallow creme
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts

Line a 13 x 9 pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 1/2 tsp. butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the remaining butter over low heat. Add the next six ingredients. Cook and stir constantly until smooth. Mixture will first appear separated; continue stirring until fully blended. Remove from the heat; stir in the marshmallow creme and extracts until well blended. Stir in nuts..

Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until set. Lift out of pan and remove foil; cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 1/2 lbs.

2 comments:

Teri said...

I love all these candy and fudge recipes - I'll have to pick one and try it because I have NEVER made fudge. and I would really impress my Mom if I made divinity... (Every time she made it she got mad! )

Hillengrandma said...

My mom always got frustrated making divinity, too. She could make anything, but her divinity only turned out occasionally. Usually we had to eat it with a spoon. Now, on the other hand my mother-in-law could make the best divinity you ever ate, and she never had a problem with it. I haven't had any divinity since she passed away. If yours turns out well, let me hear about it, O.K?