Monday, June 2, 2008

Deviled Eggs

For you, Rachel, as you requested.

This is the way I fixed them for Skyler's graduation party. I placed 12 eggs in a large pot of cold water. Turn on heat and when it comes to a full boil, time them for exactly 10 minutes. Pour off boiling water, and cover with cold water. As soon as they are cool enough to handle, peel shells from eggs. Then slice in half lengthwise. Remove yolks into a bowl. Mash with fork . Add salt and pepper . Then I added 1 Tbsp. white vinegar, 1 Tbsp. white sugar and enough Miracle Whip Light to moisten to desired consistency. Stir until fairly smooth, then put mixture into whites. If you want to cook only 1/2 doz. then use 1 1/2 tsp. vinegar, and 1 1/2 tsp. sugar and Miracle Whip to moisten. I also use this formula when making egg salad sandwiches. Just remember to use equal parts vinegar and sugar. Of course in egg salad sandwiches, I cut up the entire egg. I have found that in cooking the eggs for exactly 10 minutes, the eggs do not get that blue looking ring around the yolk that so many eggs have.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

made these for a cookout Saturday night...they were a hit!