Sunday, May 4, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have had this recipe for more than 50 years. It is a different kind of chocolate chip cookie. It is Becky's favorite.

1 cup shortening
2 eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. soda
3/4 tsp. salt
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla
12 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cream together shortening, and sugars. Add rest of ingredients. Roll into walnut sized balls. Bake at 400 degrees for 7 min. Will be only slightly brown. These are a soft cookie.

3 comments:

Teri said...

I love your blog, Hillengrand! I have printed off the recipe for the oatmeal muffins and plan on making them for my mom this week... I'll let you know how it goes.

Hillengrandma said...

Great!! I hope she likes them. Please tell her hello from me and that I have been praying for her. Maybe the two of you will pray for Jon, Becky, and children as they leave Wed.May 7 for Italy.

Becky said...

Sure enjoyed these cookies on Sunday. And I know the kids enjoyed making them.
BEC