Friday, May 23, 2008

Creamy Potato Soup

For you, Andrea. I love it that you requested a recipe. This is the best potato soup I have ever eaten. My mom gave me the recipe a long time ago. I am as sure as I can be that it is not very good for our arteries, so we don't eat it very often. It is wonderful on a cold, winter night.

8-10 medium potatoes, diced 3/4 in square
1 cup chopped onion
1 Tbsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
2 pkgs. Weight Watcher's Chicken Broth and Seasoning (I have used 2 chicken broth cubes)
3 cups coffee creamer
1 gallon water
1 cup flour
1 stick melted margarine
Add all ingredients except creamer, flour and margarine into water and bring to a boil. Mix flour, creamer, and enough water to make thin paste. When potatoes are done, slowly pour in flour, creamer mixture, stirring constantly. Add margarine. Enjoy!! This makes a huge pot. You would probably need to invite lots of friends or cut the recipe down.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I can't wait to try it! Thanks for taking requests!