Friday, May 2, 2008

Hawaiian Cake

4 egg whites, beat til fluffy and set aside.

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 buttermilk
Juice from 11 oz. can of mandarin oranges
1 box of Lemon cake mix
Blend 2 min. Fold in whipped egg whites
Pour into 9x13 cake pan sprayed with Pam
Sprinkle mandarin oranges over top of batter.
Bake 30 to 35 min. in a 350 degree oven. Cool.

Topping:
8 oz. can crushed pineapple and juice
1 small box of instant vanilla pudding
Blend together
Add 1- 8 oz. container vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 cups lite Cool Whip
Gently fold and place on top of cake. Refrigerate.

2 comments:

Hillenblog said...

I think it's clear why I look they way I do...three deserts and a casserole...

Love you Mom...!

Hillengrandma said...

Hey, you have been gone from home almost as many years as you lived here and when you left, you were still quite thin, so I don't think I can be blamed for that. It just might be all those lunches at Granddaddy's Barbeque, Costa Mesa, Acamboro,etc. Now, I could be blamed for teaching you to like to eat since your dad and I like that, too.